What Happens at the A&E Unit
- The triage nurse or doctor will assess your condition.
- A quick check of your pulse, blood pressure, temperature and breathing is done.
- Patient will be classifies as :
- Red (most urgent)
- Yellow ( Semi-urgent)
- Green (normal)
- Registration can be done before or after the triage.
CONSULTATION & TREATMENT
- After triage. you will be seen by the doctor.
- If there are any tests blood/laboratory test, it may take place here.
- Based on severity of the condition, the doctor may
- Prescribe medications for you
- Refer you to a specialist who may decide to admit you right away if indicated.
- We practise the triage system at our A&E Department.
- Patients requiring urgent care will be treated first.
- We will do our best to minimise waiting time for all patients.
- If you do have to wait, our nurses are always on standby to answer your questions and monitor your condition.