Sunway Medical Centre’s Medical Records Department (MRD) provides service for the request of:
- Completion of insurance form / SOCSO / EPF
- Written medical reports
- Investigative reports
Patients’ written consent is compulsory for the release of the medical information. For patients under 18 years of age, or has a mental incapacity to consent for the release of information, or is deceased, consent is required from the parents / guardian / next-of-kin / legal representative.
You may download the Consent / Release Form here.
You may apply for your Medical Report using one of the following methods:
- Applying at the Medical Record Department Counter (Basement Level, Tower C)
- Applying via email: [email protected]
- Applying via mail to:
Medical Records Department
Sunway Medical Centre Sdn Bhd
Basement Level, Tower C
No 5, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Bandar Sunway
47500 Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Please refer to the Section 2.0 (What are the documents required?) when making the application.
In order to process your request, we will require the documents listed below. If you wish to request through email, you may attach the completed documents and email to [email protected].
- Completed Release Form (must include signature of the patient as proof of consent and authorization)
- Photocopy ID of patient (NRIC or Passport)
- Photocopy ID of requestor (NRIC or Passport), if the requestor is not the patient
- Where applicable: Formal Application Letter – i.e. Query Letter / Claim Form from Insurance Company, Lawyer Letter, SOCSO form, etc.
|Contact No.:||+603-7491 1131 (During Business Hours)|
|Fax:||+603-7491 1328 (During Business Hours)|
Medical Records Department
|Business Hours:||Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed
Standard Medical Reports and Insurance Claims should be ready for collection 2-4 weeks from the time all required documents and payment is received. There are cases where requests may take longer than the stipulated completion period. Causes of delays in prompt processing include:
- Unavailability of doctors (e.g. away on leave)
- Patients having upcoming clinic appointments
- Patients are still admitted/hospitalized
- Patients have multiple reports requested from several doctors
- Doctor’s limited no. of sessions at Sunway Medical Centre (e.g. only two sessions per week)
- Doctors are visiting doctors without clinic sessions at Sunway Medical Centre
Specialist Medical Reports and Workmen Compensation cases may require longer processing time (approximately 30 working days) as a review at the Specialist Outpatient Clinic may be required after the patient has been discharged or an open date given from clinic review.
Requests for investigation reports will be completed in 3-5 working days from receipt of request.
The fee schedule for the completion of Medical Reports is as per the table below, subject to change from time to time. There may be additional charges imposed on the report, and you will be notified. Any additional fee will be collected from you upon report completion.
|REQUEST TYPE||FEES (STARTING FROM)|
|Simple Insurance Form/SOCSO/EPF (Completed by Medical Officer – A&E Doctor) Provides brief information on the final diagnosis, procedure conducted and the consultation dates.||RM50|
|Simple Insurance Form/SOCSO/EPF (Completed by Specialist) Provides brief information on the final diagnosis, procedure conducted and the consultation dates.||RM70|
|Details Insurance Form/SOCSO/EPF (Completed by Specialist) Provides more detailed information on the diagnosis, procedure conducted, the medical conditions and/or treatment given.||RM105 – RM125|
|Medical Report - Simple (Written Medical Report by Medical Officer– A&E Doctor)||RM100|
|Medical Report - Simple (Written Medical Report by Specialist)||RM105 – RM175|
|Medical Report for Lawyer (Simple) (Written Medical Report by Specialist)||RM175|
|Medical Report for Lawyer (Intermediate) (Written Medical Report by Specialist)||RM275|
|Medical Report for Lawyer (Complex) (Written Medical Report by the Specialist that provides a specific opinion or prognosis)||RM530|
|Medical Report for Police (Request by the Police Officer only)||F.O.C|
|Photocopy of Medical Certificate/Lab Result/Radiology Report/others||RM0.50 per copy|
Payment can be made using any of the following:
- Cheque : to be issued in favour of “Sunway Medical Centre Sdn Bhd”
- Epayment via iPay88 : A payment link will be emailed to you
Upon completion of your report, we will contact you to inform you. Depending on your preferred method of release, you may:
- Collect the report from the MRD counter:
- ID verification (NRIC or Passport) is required before collection
- Original receipt to be produced at point of collection
- If collecting on behalf of the requestor, an authorization letter signed by the patient is required
- Receive the report via email:
- We will email the report to the email address provided in the Release Form
- The file will be encrypted with a password for security
- Receive the report via mail:
- Report will be couriered to the address provided in the Release Form
- There will be applicable charges for mailing services