Dr Ong Shong Meng
Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
English, Malay, Cantonese
MBChB (Glasgow), DM (Leicester), FRCS Glas, FRCS Glas (T&O)
|Monday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
Note: All clinic sessions are on a by-appointment ONLY basis. Please call the individual clinics for appointments/enquiries.
- Specialise in paediatric orthopaedic conditions and adult limb reconstruction services
- Subspeciality interest in limb reconstruction technique for paediatric and adult patient using Ilizarov technique
- Anatomy lecturer in University of Glasgow 1994-1995
- Basic Surgery training in Glasgow teaching hospitals 1995- 1998, passed FRCS (Glasgow) in 1998.
- Post doctorate research fellow in Total Knee and Hip joints replacement, Department of Orthopaedic, Unvierstiy of Leicester 1999-2001, awarded MD degree by University of Leicester in 2005.
- Specialist Orthopaedic training in Newcastle and Nottingham 2002-.2008. During this period, Dr Ong passed the FRCS(T & O) examination. On completion of 6 years of Orthopaedic and Trauma training, Dr Ong was awarded CCT by the UK Joint Committee on Surgical Training.
- Fellowship in paediatric orthopaedic and limb reconstruction in Sheffield Children’s Hospital, 2007- 2008.
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon (Paediatric & Adult), Kings Mill Hospital, Nottinghamshire and Sheffiled Children’s Hospital 2008 - 2012.
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a specialist interest in paediatric orthopaedic, Queens Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, 2012-2014.
- Private practice as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at The Park Hospital, BMI Healthcare, Nottingham, 2010-2014.
- University of Glasgow (MBChB)
- University of Leicester (DM)
- British Orthopaedic Association (Fellow)
- British Society for Children's Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Limb Reconstruction Society
- Best Clinician Young Investigator / Research awarded by British Orthopaedic Research Society - 2001
- Pfizer Academic Travel Award 2002 - 2003
- East Midlands Orthopaedic research meeting winner 1999 & 2001
Merit in Physiology and Clinical Pharmacology awarded by University of Glasgow
- Full registration GMC UK
- Speciality registry GMC UK and CCT (Orthopaedic)