A-5-36, 5th Floor, Tower A
603-7491 9191 (Ext. 16464 / 11472)
Dr. Rahmat Omar
Ear, Nose & Throat, Head & Neck Surgery
Bahasa Malaysia, English, Indonesian
MBBS (UM), MS [ORL-HNS](UM)
|Monday||9:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 1:00pm|
Note: Please call the individual clinics for appointments/enquiries.
- General otolaryngology (earwax, foreign body impaction, etc.).
- Voice disorders (polyp, cyst, nodules, etc.).
- Stridor and breathing difficulty.
- Snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
- Allergic rhinitis and nasal septum deviation.
- Paranasal sinus diseases (sinusitis, polyps, etc.).
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease.
- Tonsils disorders (acute and chronic tonsillitis, etc.).
- Adenoid and nasopharyngeal lesions (nasopharygeal carcinoma, etc).
- Laryngeal and tracheal stenosis/scarring.
- Dysphagia and swallowing disorders.
- Thyroid and neck swellings/lump.
- Salivary glands disorders.
- Hearing loss, tinnitus and vertigo.
- Head and neck cancers
- Diagnostic endoscopy of ear, nose and throat (rigid and flexible).
- Videostroboscopy and voice assessment.
- Minimally-invasive laryngeal surgery (phono-microsurgery, coblation).
- CO2-laser laryngeal microsurgery.
- Adult laryngotracheal stenosis and reconstruction surgery (including balloon dilatation).
- Tracheostomy and stenting.
- Tonsil and adenoid surgery.
- Edoscopic sinus surgery including balloon sinuplasty.
- Micro-ear suction and earwax removal.
- Removal of impacted foreign bodies.
- Myringotomy and grommet insertion.
- Endoscopic myringoplasty.
- Lymph node and tumour biopsy.
- University of Malaya: 1998 - 2001, MS (ORL-HNS).
- Fellowship in Laryngology [visiting] (University of Pittsburgh) - 2004.
- Housemanship: 1.8.1994
- Medical Officer: 1996
- Trainee Lecturer (Slab Scheme): 1997-2001
- Medical Lecturer (Otorhinolaryngology): 26.6.2001
- Clinical Specialist: 28.6.2001
- Senior Lecturer: 5.8.2005
- Head of Department: 1.9.2007 - 8.7.2011
- Associate Professor: 31.12.2007
- Visiting Laryngologist: 2009 – Hospital Queen Elizabeth, KKM.
- Visiting Laryngologist: 2012 – Hospital Sungai Buloh, KKM.
- Visiting Laryngologist: 2012 - Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan.
- University of Malaya: 1988 -1994, MBBS.
- Malaysian Society of Otorhinolaryngologist &Head and Neck Surgeon (MSOHNS) – Member 2006
- ASEAN Sleep Surgical Society- Member (2008)
- Malaysian Society of Allergy and Immunology – Member (2008)
- Malaysian Medical Association - Member (present)
- 7th Malaysia - Singapore Joint ScientificMeeting. Radiological analysis of the ethmoid roof in the Malaysian population. Alazzawi S, Omar R, Rahmat K, Alli K.
- Sijil Perkhidmatan Cemerlang 2012
- BioInno Awards 2009 [Laryngotracheal dissection box (Prototype II): An improved version of multifunction tool and simulator designed for CO2-laser and endoscopic endolaryngeal surgery training]
- MBBS (UM) - 1994.
- MS [ORL-HNS] (UM) - 2001.
- Fellowhip in Laryngology [visiting] (University of Pittsburgh - 2004.
- National Specialist Register - 2013.