Sunway GP Symposium Women and Children: Their Health, Our Priority
29 August 2019
Sunway Medical Centre organised, yet another GP Symposium this year titled `Women and Children: Their Health, Our Priority’, where a number of 450 participants, consisting of GPs and specialists attended the seminar. This hits the highest record of attendance in Sunway Medical’s symposium history, with the largest number of participants.
The topic on "Women and Children: Their Health, Our Priority" featured our respected specialists from various sub-specialities; ranging from obstetrician and gynaecologists to paediatricians and surgeons, sharing their expertise and experience in their field. GPs from different clinics and hospitals around the region, garnered knowledge on the latest insight about women and children’s health care in this modern day.
10 health issues on women and children’s healthcare that were presented by our speakers are:-
- Life After Menopause by Dr. Balasundram Govindasamy (Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist),
- Cardiac Murmur in Children: When is it not Benign? by Dr. Ang Hak Lee (Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist),
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding by Dr. Shamina Kamal(Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist),
- Paediatric ENT Disorders by Dr Priatharisiny Velayutham (Consultant Paediatric ENT Surgeon),
- Managing Fertility Issues & Endometriosis, by Dr. Kannappan Palaniappan (Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Fertility Specialist),
- Floppy Infant by Dr. Tay Chee Geap(Consultant Paediatric Neurologist),
- Prolonged Cough in Children, by Dr Norzila Mohamed Zainudin (Consultant Paediatric Respiratory Physician),
- Cervical Cancer Screening & Tumour Markers, by Dr. Zaharuddin Bin Rahmat (Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist),
- Recognising Skin Disorders in Children, by Dr. Heah Sheau Szu (Consultant Paediatric Dermatologist),
- and last but not least, Common Surgical Problems in Toddlers, by Dr. Shona Alison Edmonds (Consultant Paediatric Surgeon)
The engaging one-day event was held at the SunMed Convention Centre, where we also gave away 20 amazing lucky draw prizes to our participants, from shopping vouchers to 5-star hotel stay for two, in celebration of our 20th anniversary this year.
The event was indeed a success and we truly appreciate all those who participated and were involved in the symposium.Back