Dr Ulf Myhre
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Tamil
MBBCh, BAO (Ire), Gen & Cardiothoracic Surg (EU), Fellow Cardiac Surg (US)
|Friday||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
- Providing state of the art Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Offering solutions to the high risk and complicated patient
- Aiming for early rehabilitation and return to normal activities
- Modern CABG surgery using skeletonized grafts and a high percentage arterial conduits
- Optimal myocardial protection with antegrade and retrograde cardioplegia
- Minimizing stroke risk through modern cannulaes and where appropriate OPCAB, (beating heart surgery)
- Mitral Valve Repair Surgery, offering a better solution than replacement. Trained in many repair techniques, so a customised solution can be found.
- Left Ventricular Remodeling Surgery for appropriate cardiac failure patients.
- MAZE 3 RF ablation surgery, the most effective cure for atrial fibrillation.
- Also offer Aortic Valve Replacement and Tricuspid Valve Repair.
- General Surgery: Darlington & North Tees General Hospital, England 1985-7
- Oslo University Hospital, Norway 1991-6
- Posts in Surgical Research, Military Medicine as well as compulsory General Practice 1987-91
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: Trondheim University Hospital, Norway 1996-2000
- Fellow Advanced Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA 2001-3
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Consultant Posts:
- Akademiska Sjukhuset/Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala Sweden 2000-1
- Sahlgrenska Universitets Sjukhus, Gothenburg, Sweden 2003-4
- Ass Prof University of Malaya, 2004-5
- HSAJB, Johor Bahru 2005-8
- Hospital Serdang 2009
- Tropicana Medical Centre 2009-13
- Sunway Medical Centre 2009-present
- Hospital Pantai, Ipoh 2010-present
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, MBBCh BAO LRCSI&PI 1984
- Norwegian Medical Association, Royal Society of Medicine, European Association Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Board Member of: Malaysian Association of Thoracic and Cardio Vascular Surgery
- Several undergraduate Honours
- First Prize & Silver Medal Pathology
- Leonard Abrahamson Gold Medal & Price in Medicine
- Jervis St Hospital Price in Surgery
- Specialist: General Surgery (1995), Cardiothoracic Surgery (2000) Norwegian Ministry of Health & European Union Specialist Registry.
- Specialist: General & Cardiothoracic Surgery, (2001) Swedish Ministry of Health
- Specialist: Cardiothoracic Surgery,(2008) Malaysian Ministry of Health
- Registered as Specialist Cardiothoracic Malaysian National Specialist Register